The Enclave at Port Chester Rehabilitation & Nursing Center is looking for a talented and hard-working Director of Social Services to join our ever-growing team. The Enclave at Port Chester Rehabilitation & Nursing Center is a facility with 20 years of experience with backgrounds in acute, sub-acute, long term and outpatient care, providing an excellent setting for learning and growth.
The primary purpose of the job position is to plan, organize, develop and direct the Social Services Department in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations, our establish policies and procedures, and as directed by Administrator, to ensure that the medically related emotional and social needs of residents are met/maintained on an individual basis.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decision when circumstances warrant such action.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, resident, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public.
- Knowledge of elderly ill and/or disabled.
- Must have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition and enthusiasm, as well as the willingness to handle difficult residents.
- Must be able to relate information concerning a resident’s condition.
- Basic understanding of following step-by-step procedures.
- Follows and understands written and oral directions.
- Knowledge of equipment used in long-term care (e.g., lifts, wheelchairs, Geri chairs, and scales).
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
- Must possess at a minimum a Bachelor’s Degree from accredited school in Social Work or related field.
- A physical examination and/or evidence from a physician indicating freedom of communicable disease to be available upon employment.
- Must be in good physical and mental health.
- Must be knowledgeable of social services practices, procedures, laws, regulations and guidelines governing long-term care.
- Ability to work independently or part of a group.
- Effectively communicate with others.
8:30 Am- 5:00 Pm
THIS IS A TEMPORARY POSITION (3 months) WITH THE POSSIBILITY OF IT BECOMING A LONG TERM ROLE
Commensurate with experience