Physical Therapy Assistant (PTA)
St. James Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center provides unprecedented levels of genuine care and customer service for our communities Rehabilitation and Nursing needs, in a soothing, tranquil and state of the art environment. A beacon in healthcare since 1970, our commitment to excellence has helped families throughout Long Island for over forty years.
The Physical Therapist Assistant is responsible for carrying out best practice treatments under the supervision of the Physical Therapist. The Physical Therapist Assistant will provide treatment by adhering to specific goals developed by the PT. As well, the PTA must provide feedback to the supervising physical therapist via documentation or in any other method required by facility policy..
- Must have graduated from an accredited Physical Therapy Assistant college or university.
- Must have a valid professional license and registration for state of NY
- Provide comprehensive treatment to patients under supervision of Physical Therapist
- Experience with long-term care and/or geriatric care is preferred but not limited to.
- Well versed with documentation writing
- Document patient’s progress on weekly progress note in a timely fashion.
- Collaborates with all disciplines to provide best patient centered treatment and care.
- Exceptional patient service skills and ability to demonstrate clinical excellence
- Report to work on time, adhere to scheduled hours and demonstrate professionalism at all times.
- Perform all other duties assigned by Director of Rehabilitation
- Compliance with confidentiality, HIPPA and Federal Residents Rights.
- Experience with Case Mix Index and PPS scheduling is preferred however not limited to.
- Commensurate with experience
St. James Rehab is an Equal Opportunity Employer