St. James Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center provides unprecedented levels of genuine care and customer service for our communities Rehabilitation and Nursing needs, in a soothing, tranquil and state of the art environment. A beacon in healthcare since 1970, our commitment to excellence has helped families throughout Long Island for over forty years.
Supervises and coordinates activities of personnel assigned to a specific shift. Communicates and applies policies, practices, procedures, objectives, and goals necessary for attainment of excellent resident care.
- Licensed to practice as a Practical Nurse in New York State.
- Experience in Long Term Care Nursing or has sufficient acute care experience to adjust to the demands of Long Term Care Nursing
- Possess clinical knowledge and skill in nursing practices and regulatory standards.
- A team player, cooperative with co-workers of all disciplines.
- Able to function both under supervision and independently, when situations warrant.
- Able to communicate tactfully and effectively with physicians, supervisors, staff and other disciplines.
- Able to assume unit leadership role in the absence of the Unit Manager.
- Pro-active in seeking interventions for resident care and services and performs duties with thoughtfulness, timeliness, knowledge and skill within the scope of his/her license.
- Flexible to special staffing or clinical situations which may require deviations from the usual work pattern,
- Maintains privacy and confidentiality of resident information.
- Maintains control of access to medications.
- Must be computer literate and possess strong organizational skills.
- Competitive salary commensurate to experience
Must be able to work every other weekend
St. James Rehab is an Equal Opportunity Employer